viernes, 26 de abril de 2013

Living London. An unfinished post about a marathon...

I´ve been doing a lot of walking since last weekend. The initial and main motivation was to avoid some intrusive thoughts that come to my mind when I´m home, but now I guess I just began to miss London... Also, these past few days I´ve been quite lonely (in part because I felt like being alone), and I am so lucky that I get along with myself that well.
I went to see the marathon last sunday. Well, truth is I didn´t specifically go to watch the marathon. I guess I just wanted to stop wasting my time at home, and go to my favourite place in London instead (which, as you already know, is westminster). I didn´t know the marathon itinerary and I was hoping to get to see it as well, because people in the lab were so excited about it, but my main target was the bridge and surroundings.
But yes, I saw the marathon!
And I have to say, I really enjoyed the ambience! It was kind of touching, every runner was wearing a T-shirt from a charity (or a custome), and the cheering-up crowd was so committed that even I felt supported while I was walking!
I could find the group or people cheering up for Anthony Nolan, but this was the banner I liked the most!

And I think I´ll post the rest another day, cause today I just feel like listening to music!! :)

No hay comentarios: